MAR 04 2010
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding their possessions and territories). Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are sixteen (16) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of Sony Music Entertainment and Spotify USA Inc. (“Co-Sponsors”) their respective parent companies subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin on March 12, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. ET and will end on April 15, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have a Spotify.com account. To register, visit www.spotify.com and follow the instructions to set up an account. To enter the Sweepstakes, once you have an account, subscribe to the official Sound City playlist. All eligible subscribers during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the Sweepstakes
Only one entry per person. Any duplicate entries will be disregarded. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Co-Sponsors is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Co-Sponsors.
One (1) Winner will receive:
o A Sound City vinyl, autographed by Dave Grohl;
o A Sound City Blueray™ disc;
o A Sound City DVD; and
o A Sound City CD.
Winners must be at least sixteen (16) years old as of March 12, 2013. If Winner is under the age of majority in the state in which he or she resides, then such individual must obtain permission of his or her parent or legal guardian to accept the prize. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions provided that the Co-Sponsors reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for a prize of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.
Approximate combined retail value of all prizes is Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00). The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Co-Sponsors’ good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
The winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If the winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner’s accompanying guest must also sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as Co-Sponsors may specify. The winner’s accompanying guest cannot be changed after the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release is received. If the winner or the winner’s accompanying guest is under the age of majority, the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release must be signed and submitted by their parent or legal guardian.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about May 1, 2013. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by Co-Sponsors via the email provided in his or her entry form and if a winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’ permission for Co-Sponsors to use their names, addresses (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Co-Sponsors for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner, agree to release and hold harmless Co-Sponsors and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Co-Sponsors is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
6. Additional Terms. In the case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential Winner may be requested to provide Co-Sponsors with proof that such Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Co-Sponsors, their respective affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
Co-Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Co-Sponsors will select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Co-Sponsors. Co-Sponsors reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Co-Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Co-Sponsors’ representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CO-SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winner Identification. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 2, 2013 to: RCA Records, Rm. 1144, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, Attention: “Sound City Spotify” Sweepstakes Winner’s Name.
9. Official Rules. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 15, 2013 to: RCA Records, Rm. 114, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022, Attention: “Sound City Spotify” Sweepstakes Official Rules.
10. Co-Sponsors. Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022 and Spotify USA Inc., 76 9th Avenue, Suite 1110, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10011.